Colpro required an expansion joint between a turbine exhaust gas duct and silencer as part of their scope for a project in Papua New Guinea.
The requirements are summarised on the Joint Applications Data Sheet which is drawn up for each expansion joint that we supply. For the Colpro application:
- Inlet design temperature - 550°C.
- Design pressure - 5kPa.
- Fuelcomposition including natural gas and diesel with the possibility of sulphur in the gas.
- Inside duct dimensions - 1404mm x 864mm.
- Joint expansion requirements - 15mm axial and ±10mm lateral.
- Reference to TES arrangement drawing TESJ1266-001.
In order to ensure that the joint splicing and assembly was of the highest standard for the remote site, Colpro selected a cartridge design which could be works assembled and simply bolted between flanges at site.